Today I am sharing the details about one of my favorite historic Charleston wedding venues! Let’s take a look at this highlight of the Middleton Place venue together.
Middleton Place is located in Charleston, South Carolina, making this such a wonderful place for a destination wedding. There is so much to do in Charleston from exploring the downtown city to lounging by the beach. The venue itself is located along the Ashley River. The space feels like a private escape with lush gardens, a charming inn, an onsite restaurant, and more.
The venue stands as a historic landmark with lush gardens and architecture that dates back to 1741. Before the end of the Civil War, most of the grounds were burned. Years later, Middleton Place was restored with the history of the unique property prioritized. The gardens and stableyards remain a popular tourist attraction and there is even a museum on-site to learn more! If you are considering hosting a wedding in Charleston because of the beauty and history, this is the venue to consider.
If possible, I encourage the couples I work with to stay onsite at their venue. The Inn at Middleton Place includes 55 rooms with various options available. It is a wonderful place for you and your wedding party to stay and get ready for the big day. If you are hosting an intimate wedding, why not invite all of your guests to stay on-site? You can enjoy the seasonal outdoor pool, explore the gardens, and tour the museum for some fun pre-wedding activities.
Ceremony & Reception Locations
Now let’s go over the ceremony and reception locations. Middleton Place hosts many special events and weddings all year with a variety of different spaces to choose from. Keep in mind that each location’s guest capacity varies. Whether you need space for 400+ guests or 50, there is an option for everyone. Hosting a wedding here most likely means, you will be celebrating a portion of the day outdoors! However, there are also beautiful indoor spaces available.
- PARTERRE & BUTTERFLY LAKES: A 400 guest capacity outdoor ceremony spot overlooking lakes that flow into the Ashley River.
- SECRET GARDENS: A 200 guest capacity duo of greenery and sculpture-filled gardens.
- MIDDLETON OAK: 175 guest capacity ceremony location beside a large oak tree that is speculated to be about 900 years old!
- OCTAGONAL GARDEN: 400 guest capacity with a waterfront view, seasonal blooms, and dreamy Spanish moss covered oak trees.
- CRANE POOL: 200 guest capacity hillside ceremony space overlooking a pond.
- THE STABLEYARDS: 200 guest capacity ceremony location at the historic Stableyards. Perfect for those who adore animals!
- THE BLUFF AT THE INN AT MIDDLETON PLACE: 50 guest capacity with an intimate view of the Ashley River.
- THE PAVILION: 200 guest capacity pavilion with string lights with versatile layout options.
- CYPRESS ROOM AND COURTYARD: 32 guest capacity indoor reception space with an outdoor extension to a cozy courtyard.
- THE LAKE HOUSE AT THE INN AT MIDDLETON PLACE: 250 guest capacity indoor and outdoor space in a wooded location.
- THE COURTYARD AT THE INN AT MIDDLETON PLACE: 200 guest capacity courtyard at the inn that can be transformed for all portions of your big day!
If you want to learn more about Middleton Place, be sure to visit their website and contact them today! Then, check out some real-life wedding inspiration at the venue from this dreamy summer wedding next.
add a comment